You are what you eat. The food choices which you make would have an impact on all your todays as well as the future. This is why it’s so important to make healthy food choices. When you follow a good nutritional program combined with the right exercise, you know you can live a healthy and productive life. This is where a nutritionist in Gold Coast can help you.
What is the impact on nutrition on your health?
Obesity is a growing concern. The number of obese people has jumped up in the past decade. Despite people becoming aware of the risks associated obesity, it is a growing problem in almost all countries. This can be attributed to an unhealthy diet and lifestyle. People like to eat on the go. There is hardly anyone who is eating a healthy meal cooked at home. Fast food is the major reason why people gain a great deal of weight. That combined with convenience food and lack of exercise can lead to poor health. People as young as sixteen or seventeen suffer from hypertension and diabetes.
All this can be avoided if one follows a set nutritional program suggested by a nutritionist in Gold Coast. Children too need to follow a set diet program. The habits which are formed in childhood are normally carried into adulthood as well. It’s on parents to instil healthy eating habits in their children. When children eat healthy at a young age, they become nutritionally conscious adults who care about what and how they eat.
There is a direct link between healthy eating habits and a healthy body. Everyone knows that if a person is taking a balanced diet and exercising on a regular basis they suffer fewer health problems.
Tips on healthy eating
The following tips from a nutritionist in Gold Coast could help anyone get back on track
- Make sure you fill at least half of your plate with vegetables. Vegetables are great for the digestive system. They fill you up quicker and also help you stay fuller for longer. The fiber in vegetables makes it easy on the digestive system as well.
- Avoid fizz drinks and cartooned juices. Energy drinks also pack in calories yet provide no nutrition. Instead try to eat as many fresh fruits as you can.
- Instead of eating white bread, make sure you switch to whole grains. Whole grains are a great deal healthier and have fewer calories.
- Do not exclude fat completely from your diet. You need to ensure that you are eating good fats. These are found in nuts, fish and coconut oil is a healthy fat as well. Lots of people have made the switch to eating healthy fats.
- Switch to lean proteins. Instead of filling up on beef, try to instil chicken and fish into your diet.
- Avoid sugary foods. Sugar has no nutritional value. It can also pack on the calories pretty quick. Plus it can cause diabetes.
Keeping the above mentioned tips in mind would help you lead a healthier lifestyle.